Living in Las Vegas presents a few interesting challenges. Especially when it comes to installing fences. One of the biggest challenges is the natural wear and tear that comes from being in a desert environment. At A1 Fence, we get a lot of calls from homeowners and business owners who are curious about Trex fencing installations. They usually want to know if it’s a smart choice for their fencing job.
It’s easy to see from the finished product why Trex fencing is gaining in popularity. Not only is it durable but it looks good too.
In this article, we’ll show a few images from our most recent Trex fencing installation at the McDonald’s at Lake Meade and Lamb. A. We’ll also touch on a few things to keep in mind if you plan to hire a Trex fencing installer for your next project.
Is Trex Fencing Installation the Same as Trex Decking?
If you’re in any way familiar with a Trex product, it’s probably decking. Trex product is a familiar composite board material made from recycled plastic and wood fibers. It can be fashioned into a variety of textures including wood. And because it’s highly durable, it’s ideal for most decking applications. These same benefits apply when using Trex for fencing. It stands up to heavy rain, extreme cold, and our Las Vegas desert heat.
As an extra benefit, it is easy to maintain and comes in a variety of styles and colors.
Why Choose Trex Fencing?
This particular job highlighted several of the most common reasons people call us out to install their Trex fencing:
- Durability: Being a high-traffic public space, the McDonald’s parking lot needed a fence that could stand up to the elements and people. Trex fencing is designed to take it without cracking or warping. Harsh weather, high winds, extreme heat.
- Low maintenance: Hand in hand with durability comes low maintenance. The manager at McDonald’s needed a material that would retain its looks for a long time without being high touch. Of all the things going on at the corner of Lake Meade and Lamb, fence maintenance was never going to be high on the priority list. Trex fencing only requires occasional cleaning with soap and water to maintain its appearance.
- Aesthetic appeal: The original reason for this installation was to hide an unsightly wall. Trex fencing comes in a variety of colors and styles, allowing businesses and homeowners to choose the one that best suits their home design.
- Security and privacy: While not a major factor for this installation, looking at these images shows how much security and privacy Trex fencing offers. It’s a great choice for homeowners who aren’t into nosey neighbors.
Finding the Best Trex Fencing Installation Service
If you’re starting from zero, finding the right Trex fencing installer may seem like a tough nut to crack, but it doesn’t need to be. We obviously recommend that you give us a call or use our handy online form to request a quote, but it is still important to do your due diligence. You want your Trex fencing to be installed right the first time and to a high standard.
Here are some tips for finding the best Trex fencing installer:
1. Do your research
Start by researching local Trex fencing installers online. Check their websites and read reviews from previous customers to get an idea of their experience and reputation.
2. Ask for references
Ask the installer to provide references from previous customers. Contact these customers and ask about their experience with the installer and the quality of their work.
3. Get multiple quotes
Get quotes from several Trex fencing installers to compare prices and services. Choose the installer that offers the best value for money. Call us first or call us last. Just remember to call us. You’ll be glad you did.
5. Check for licenses and insurance
Make sure that the installer has liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and is licensed by the Nevada Board of Contractors. This protects you from any damage or injury that may occur during the installation process.
There are a few more considerations when deciding to go with a Trex fencing installation than with other materials. Give us a call for a relaxed non-salesy discussion of the pros and cons of Trex fencing and how they apply to your specific application. A1 Fence is the right-priced leader for all fencing in Las Vegas, but more importantly, we never try to oversell a customer on a material or project that’s not a good fit.